Saturday, November 1, 2014

Crying While Running is my New Therapy.

I've been running again.

This time, I usually have a cry while I'm pounding pavement.

Alone in my thoughts is why, I suppose. I see something or some random thought pops in my head, and the tears start while I'm at 2.3km into a 5k run.

Today, seeing two children using motorized wheelchairs was my trigger.

They looked like happy kids. Out for a stroll with their dad or older brother, and dog. Enjoying the crisp air. I smiled as I passed them, and then the dark thought cloud rolled into my brain.

It's not pity. Pity is gross. But it was a sadness for those children that I felt as I ran by. I felt guilty for running by them. Then my thoughts turn to, "What if that was Theo?" and I start thinking about how lucky we are to have had a healthy baby boy, and the tears start.

We ARE so very lucky to have a healthy baby. So many do not. My heart aches for those families who go through hell with their poor, sick children.

So I cry when I run. I let my heart hurt. I let it out. And I say a prayer for all the babies in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment